[Drosophila] Cheap tritech Incubators

Iannacone, Eric via dros%40net.bio.net (by erici from fdu.edu)
Wed Aug 15 14:16:53 EST 2007

Greetings,
      I am doing sciences on a tight budget so I ordered a
32 lt incubator($1,200) from TriTech Research.  When it
arrived it was actually an "Igloo" brand cooler
retrofitted with a piezo-electro cooling unit.  It has
worked o.k. so far, but the cooling unit drips, so I
rigged a drip tray so I no longer have vials full of
drowned flies.  If you are not under severe financial
restrictions I would avoid ordering TriTech incubators.

Eric Iannacone, Ph.D.
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave.
M-SB1-01