(by elena_lenalena from yahoo.com)
Mon Dec 3 12:39:30 EST 2007
Dr. Erickson lab protocol for get rid of mites (by dechorination):
1) Let flies to lay eggs onto usual vial for overnight or 7 hours.
2) Add 5 ml 50% bleach for 3 min
3) pour out bleach (accurately). Check that eggs are on the surface of
4) add 10 ml PBS
5) pour out PBS (accurately). Check that eggs are on the surface of the
6) add 10 ml PBS
7) pour out PBS (accurately). Check that eggs are on the surface of the
8) Let eggs to hatch 37oC 10 days.
Protocol#2 (less efficient)
1) Transform flies every day onto new vial. Repeat 4 times. Grow flies
from the 4th vial.
2) Repeat the same with the progeny from the 4th vial.
azza sellami wrote:
> please can someone help me to irradicate mites
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/mites-tf4937249.html#a14134740
Sent from the Bio.net - Dros mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Dros