[Drosophila] handeling the drosophila gut

gayatri priya via dros%40net.bio.net (by gayatripriya13 from yahoo.com)
Thu Dec 27 04:57:50 EST 2007

HI. i am working with gut of drosophila. i would like
to know about the way to handle and store the fixed
guts. i am storing the fixed guts (approx 10-15 in
number) in an eppendorf tube with PBS. the problem i
face is that while i pipette out the sample, it gets
sheared (as i need the entire gut for my investigation
purpose). also sugggest a way to section the gut (to
make a vertical tear in its surface) for antibody
staining purpose. as i am totally new to the area, i
would be greatful if you can guide me with the whole
thing (also as soon as possible),

thank you
gayatri