[Drosophila] flyatlas.org: two new tissues added (larval fat body and tubule)

Julian Dow via dros%40net.bio.net (by j.a.t.dow from bio.gla.ac.uk)
Tue Feb 13 10:20:25 EST 2007

   [1]http://flyatlas.org
   is an Affymetrix microarray-based atlas of gene expression in adult.
   We are pleased to announce that the dataset has been expanded with
   data for larval fat body and tubule. This means that you can now
   easily look up any gene of interest to you, and find out where it is
   most abundant in the fly, and how specifically it is enriched, in any
   of:
    head, brain, midgut, Malpighian tubules, hindgut, ovary, testis, male
   accessory glands, larval tubule, larval fat body or whole fly.
   We plan to add further tissues shortly.
   FlyAtlas at the Fly meeting
   We will be presenting a late poster at the Fly meeting in
   Philadelphia, and Gos Micklem has kindly offered us a short guest slot
   in the FlyMine Bioinformatic presentations. We would be happy to talk
   to you about FlyAtlas at either venue.
   These data were prepared and placed in the public domain as a service
   to the Drosophila community, by the UKs Biotechnology and Biological
   Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) through their Investigating Gene
   Function (IGF) initiative. Over the last 4 years, our facility has
   provided 1000 free Affymetrix arrays to the UK fly community. Further
   details at: [2]http://www.mblab.gla.ac.uk/igf/

   Enjoy!
    Julian Dow (j.a.t.dow from bio.gla.ac.uk)

                      Prof. Julian A.T. Dow

                IBLS Division of Molecular Genetics,

             University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK

   Phone: +44 141 330 4616                      FAX: +44 141 330 4878

   email: j.a.t.dow from bio.gla.ac.uk                 WWW: fly.to/tubules