[Drosophila] Postdoc Position at the University of Michigan

Zhe Han via dros%40net.bio.net (by zhan from med.umich.edu)
Tue Jul 31 17:34:11 EST 2007

Please post the following to the Drosophila listserver:

Postdoctoral position – Genetic control of heart development in Drosophila

Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Zhe Han at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor to study the genetic control of heart development in Drosophila. Our lab is a newly established lab supported by grants from the American Heart Association and the NIH, as well as generous internal funds from the University of Michigan medical school. From a large-scale genetic screen using a heart-specific GFP transgene (Development 132, 3525-36, 2005), we have screened over 3000 mutations and established a large collection of mutations affecting genes whose functions in heart development remain unknown. One group of such genes showing similar phenotype called “broken hearted” have been linked to a novel genetic pathway involved in linear heart assembly (Science 313, 1301-3, 2006). More groups of genes showing similar phenotypes are waiting to be investigated. We are looking for creative and efficient postdocs with Drosophila experience to join our team to identify more novel cardiogenic genes. Interested applicants should send his or her CV to Dr. Han at zhan from med.umich.edu <mailto:zhan from med.umich.edu>. More information about the Han lab and our research can be found in our homepage at

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/han.zhe.lab/home_page

Thanks!