[Drosophila] Larval Development

Sandra Zimmerman via dros%40net.bio.net (by szimmerm from andrew.cmu.edu)
Sun Jun 10 08:59:49 EST 2007

There is a table in "Biology of Drosophila" (edited by M. Demerec) that
gives hours after egg laying (AEL) for larval stages at 25 degrees C,
plus or minus 1 degree. If you are doing your experiments at 23 degrees,
you might have to increase the time slightly. Here is the relevant data
from the table:
1st instar: 25h AEL
2nd instar: 50h AE
2nd and 3rd instar: 75h AEL
3rd instar, ready for pupation: 100h AEL

Sandra  Zimmerman