[Drosophila] flyatlas.org: new tissue added

Julian Dow via dros%40net.bio.net (by j.a.t.dow from bio.gla.ac.uk)
Thu Mar 1 09:16:20 EST 2007

   [1]http://flyatlas.org
   is an Affymetrix microarray-based atlas of gene expression in adult.
   We are pleased to announce that the dataset has been expanded with
   data for adult crop. This means that you can now easily look up any
   gene of interest to you, and find out where it is most abundant in the
   fly, and how specifically it is enriched, in any of:
    head, brain, crop, midgut, Malpighian tubules, hindgut, ovary,
   testis, male accessory glands, larval tubule, larval fat body or whole
   fly.
   OK, so crop may not be the sexiest tissue, but at least we now know
   where the dromyosuppressin receptor is expressed.
   We plan to add further tissues (in particular, thoracic ganglia)
   shortly.
   FlyAtlas at the Fly meeting
   We will be presenting a late poster at the Fly meeting in
   Philadelphia, and Gos Micklem has kindly offered us a short guest slot
   in the FlyMine Bioinformatic presentations at 2-2:15 pm on Thursday,
   Friday & Saturday. We would be happy to talk to you about FlyAtlas at
   either venue.
   These data were prepared and placed in the public domain as a service
   to the Drosophila community, by the UKs Biotechnology and Biological
   Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) through their Investigating Gene
   Function (IGF) initiative. Over the last 4 years, our facility has
   provided 1000 free Affymetrix arrays to the UK fly community. Further
   details at: [2]http://www.mblab.gla.ac.uk/igf/

   Enjoy!
    Julian Dow (j.a.t.dow from bio.gla.ac.uk)

              Prof. Julian A.T. Dow, M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

                IBLS Division of Molecular Genetics,

             University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK

   Phone: +44 141 330 4616                      FAX: +44 141 330 4878

   email: j.a.t.dow from bio.gla.ac.uk                 WWW: fly.to/tubules