[Drosophila] Ask for help about pWIZ knockdown efficiency

gal4 via dros%40net.bio.net (by gal4 from 163.com)
Sat Mar 3 09:54:01 EST 2007

Dear All,Has anyone confirmed your pWIZ knockdown efficiency? I am confused with my result. I use elav-gal4 (line Bl8760) to driven pWIZ vector targeting a neuron-specific gene. The line with elav-gal4 and pWIZ insertion, is made with two copies. However, target gene RNA level from this line is similar to control. I have confirmed that pWIZ construction is right. I do not know what is wrong with my experiment. Your suggestion and experience are highly appreciated. Thanks very much for your time and effort. Best regards,zijing  Zijing Chen,Graduate Student
Lab "Neural Circuits and Animal Behavior"
Institute of Neuroscience
Chinese Academy of Sciences
320 Yue Yang Road
Shanghai 200031, China