[Drosophila] Re: Drosophila incubators/growth-chambers

Chris Jones via dros%40net.bio.net (by cjones from moravian.edu)
Mon May 21 09:53:26 EST 2007

In article <mailman.1098.1179233573.5139.dros from net.bio.net>,
 "Ian Dworkin" <I_Dworkin from ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am in the market for some growth chambers for Drosophila, and I am
> looking at a few brands. Percival, Powers, Biocold and Darwin. I would
> be really grateful to hear from other people on which incubators they
> like , which they don't and why.

I have a small Percival that I've used for about 5 years now. It's been
perfectly reliable; my only complaint (and I'm sure this isn't unique to
Percival units) is the open-trough humidifier is a pain in the ass to
clean.

Chris Jones