[Drosophila] Postdoctoral position available

Hirth, Frank via dros%40net.bio.net (by Frank.Hirth from iop.kcl.ac.uk)
Wed Oct 24 07:58:33 EST 2007

Dear DrosNet organizers,

Would you mind advertising the following position available in my lab?

Postdoc Position

We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join the Drosophila group at the MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, King’s College London. The project involves transgenic and pharmacological approaches to study a Drosophila model of Parkinson’s disease.

The candidate is expected to have a proven research track record, preferentially (but not necessarily) in Drosophila Biology. The position is for a maximum of three years, with a negotiable start date; start salary, depending on experience, is £23,884 – £27,657 pa (~ €34-40k / $49-67k / CHF57-67k) including London allowance.

Candidates should send their electronic application including CV, list of publication, contact details of two referees and a brief statement of their previous research achievements to Frank Hirth.

Further information can be obtained from Dr. Frank Hirth (Frank.Hirth from iop.kcl.ac.uk)

Frank Hirth, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Drosophila Biology/Genetics
MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research
King's College London
Institute of Psychiatry
Department of Neuroscience
PO Box 55,