[Drosophila] FlyMine has a new look in release 8.1

Hilde Janssens via dros%40net.bio.net (by hildejj from gmail.com)
Mon Sep 24 14:39:01 EST 2007

Version 8.1 of FlyMine is now available at www.flymine.org !

In this new release we have made some major changes to the layout and
provided a new help system. This is in response to feedback from users
and to make the most powerful parts of FlyMine more accessible.

FlyMine interface to make them more obvious, e.g. 'Bags' are now called
'Lists', 'Aspects' are now 'Data categories'.

Another major development in this new release is the introduction of
public lists. These are lists that we create and make available for
everyone to use, typically they will be derived from a publication.
Click on an example public list on the home page to see an analysis page
with graphs and tables of expression, chromosome distribution, pathways,
publications and enrichment of GO annotation and protein domains.  Of
course, you can still create your own lists and be able to view the same
kind of analysis.

To find out more about the features in FlyMine take our quick tour -
click 'Take a tour' on the home page.

For a list of all changes: www.flymine.org/release-notes
For all types of feedback: support from flymine.org

The FlyMine Team

- About FlyMine -
FlyMine is an integrated database of genomic, expression and protein
data from Drosophila, Anopheles and C. elegans.  As an integrated
resource it is possible to run data mining queries that span domains of
biological knowledge. FlyMine is a freely available resource funded by
The Wellcome Trust.