[Drosophila] Summary of replies about clever ideas for cooking fly food.

Phyllis Wescott via dros%40net.bio.net (by pswescott from ucdavis.edu)
Mon Apr 21 14:19:04 EST 2008

I was researching the Filamatic pump when I found your page. My name is
Phyllis Wescott. I rund the Drosophila Facility at U.C.D. in Davis, CA. I
would like to send you a recipe proven to be the best for feeding
Drosophila. I prepare approximately 70 liters a day, but have prepared small
amounts. I use a Brewer Automatic pipetter from Fisher. Check out their
Drosophila site. I use a Dover Steam Kettle model #AE1-20. You can find any
size, even a tabletop. But if you are cooking small amounts, Use a two
burner stove, a small metal pot and a large metal spoon. Wooden spoons
absorb moisture  and can't be cleaned properly.- You have received much help
and I hope I have given you something to think about. Phyllis Wescott