[Drosophila] mitochondrial sequences available to phylogeneticist fro collaboration

djclancy from gmail.com via dros%40net.bio.net (by djclancy from gmail.com)
Thu Apr 24 07:21:42 EST 2008

Hello

I have the complete protein coding sequences of about 15 strains of
melanogaster from around the world and would love to write them up in
some way but 1/ I have no expertise and limited interest in
phylogenetics and 2/ have no time. The sequences are all lovely and
assembled in Bioedit by gene and by species and are all ready to go.
I'm looking for a collaborator who is ready to take these, analyse
them and write it up. One strategy is to get some measure of neutral
nuclear variation, which probably exists in the literature, and
compare the variations to that in D. sim. But that's just a
suggestion. In any case it should be able to be a quick, relatively
easy paper

All approaches gratefully and carefully considered. And please supply
the contact details of anyone else you think may be interested.
Probably not students unless they are very experienced at paper
writing.

I will send a network tree and a table indicating amino acid
differences upon request.

Regards
dave

David J Clancy