[Drosophila] dackel mutant

Vef, Dr. Olaf via dros%40net.bio.net (by ovef from uni-mainz.de)
Thu Dec 11 06:51:34 EST 2008

Dear Drosophilists,
Almost 20 years ago I induced (in a P-element Enhancer-Trap, P-lacw-element) a Drosophila mutant with short legs. Unfortunately the lifespan of an adult flies is only about two days. With help of two Colleagues (Dr. Georg Vogler and Dr. Christian Berger) of mine and my nephew it is now possible to present you a little clip of this Drosophila melanogaster mutant fly. You can watch the clip on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiXO5xz_wF8). Due to a complementation test this mutant is not an allele of a mutant called dachshund.
If you are interested click on the link and enjoy the film.
Sincerely,
Olaf

Dr. Olaf Vef
Institute for Genetics