[Drosophila] Protein Extract from Larvae

Ivy McDaniel via dros%40net.bio.net (by IMcDanie from ScrippsCollege.edu)
Mon Feb 25 01:11:09 EST 2008

Hello Drosophila Community,

I'm looking for a good protocol, or even just general tips for making protein extracts from third-instar larvae and adult flies. I'm dealing with a very large protein, and I'm having a lot of trouble avoiding degradation. Grinding adults/larvae/salivary glands directly in boiling SDS loading buffer hasn't worked, nor has one protocol where I included protease inhibitors at every step. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ivy