[Drosophila] Viability test for drosophila tissue

Runa Hamid via dros%40net.bio.net (by runahamid from googlemail.com)
Wed Jan 16 08:13:24 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am doing live imaging in drosophila III instar larval brain. During
imaging the brain is kept in a specific buffer. The brain is expressing GFP
tagged protein in all cholinergic neurons.I need to show experimentally
that the brain is alive for the time I require for the imaging (20-30 min).
Can anyone suggest a Viability test for "TISSUE" (more specifically
drosophila larval brain)  where I can determine the degree of cell death in
the tissue.
I will be grateful if one of you could help me with the suggestions or
protocol.

Thanks in advance,

Runa
Department of Biological Sciences