[Drosophila] Drosophila embryo injection

Kathleen Gajewski via dros%40net.bio.net (by sa08383 from wotan.mdacc.tmc.edu)
Fri Jan 25 12:28:42 EST 2008

Exactly which brand of tape are you using?  I use Scotch double stick
style #MMM-665.  If that's what you are using, then you may have to try
another oil.

I dechorionate with bleach, wash with lots of H2O, some 0.2%
tritonX-100, and more H2O.  I line the embryos up on a grape plate and
press the slide with the tape on top of them, hard enough for them to
stick, but not hard enough to smash them.  I've had very good results
with this method.

Good luck

KG