[Drosophila] looking for a reliable incubator

Marc S. Halfon via dros%40net.bio.net (by mshalfon from buffalo.edu)
Mon Jul 14 11:21:41 EST 2008

Hi all-
We've been having a lot of problems recently with our fly incubators
going down due to corrosion of the coils. Presumably this is due to
acids leaching from the food media or something along those lines. We
use a pretty standard food recipe.  Does anyone have recommendations
for fly incubators that hold up well for more than 2-4 years without
need replacement of the coils?
Thanks,
Marc

-----------------------------------
Marc S. Halfon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry
Dept. of Biological Sciences
SUNY at Buffalo

NY State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Science

Adjunct Assistant Professor, Molecular and Cellular Biology
Roswell Park Cancer Institute

B3-307 COEBLS
ph: (716) 829-3126
fax: (716) 849-6655