[Drosophila] Postdoctoral Position available

Ravi Allada via dros%40net.bio.net (by r-allada from northwestern.edu)
Mon Jul 28 12:05:18 EST 2008

Electrophysiology Postdoctoral Position Available
Northwestern University

The Allada laboratory is seeking highly motivated individuals with
prior experience with electrophysiology for a postdoctoral position.
This position is available immediately.

Our research is focused on the regulation of circadian and sleep
behavior using the fruit fly Drosophila and incorporates patch clamp
electrophysiology along with a variety of other approaches including
biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, cell culture, anatomy, and
behavior (see Lear et al., Neuron, 2005, Pitman et al., Nature,
2006).  This position offers the opportunity to integrate
electrophysiological, with molecular genetic and behavioral
approaches.  See also
http://www.northwestern.edu/neurobiology/faculty/allada.html

Previous published experience using electrophysiology is essential.
Interested individuals should send a brief statement of research
interests, CV and the names and contacts for three references by
e-mail to
r-allada from northwestern.edu or mail to: Ravi Allada, Department of
Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, 2205 Tech Dr.,
#2-160, Evanston, IL  60208, Tel.: (847) 491-2809, Fax.: (847)491-5211