[Drosophila] (no subject)

Asano, Maki via dros%40net.bio.net (by Maki.Asano from osumc.edu)
Sat Nov 15 16:15:57 EST 2008

Dear All:

I'm setting up new lab at The Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State
University.  Currently I have two postdocs working with me.  I have several
positions availble for either Postdocs or Research Associate/Assistant
(Technicians), as well as for graduate students.  Previous experience in
Drosophila research is not necessary.  Those interested shall apply directly.

We work on Cell Cycle regulation during Drosophila development. Our main
focus is on the control mechanisms of DNA replication initiation.  We are
also starting to look into multi-function of ORC1 and Cdc6 outside of DNA
replication.

Recent Publications:

Park SY, and Asano M.
The origin recognition complex is dispensable for endoreplication in
Drosophila.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Aug 26;105(34):12343-8. Epub 2008 Aug 18.

Narbonne-Reveau K, Senger S, Pal M, Herr A, Richardson HE, Asano M, Deak P,
and Lilly MA.
APC/CFzr/Cdh1 promotes cell cycle progression during the Drosophila
endocycle.
Development. 2008 Apr;135(8):1451-61. Epub 2008 Mar 5.

Wu Q, Guo Y, Yamada A, Perry JA, Wang MZ, Araki M, Freel CD, Tung JJ, Tang W,
Margolis SS, Jackson PK, Yamano H, Asano M, and Kornbluth S.
A role for Cdc2- and PP2A-mediated regulation of Emi2 in the maintenance of
CSF arrest.
Curr Biol. 2007 Feb 6;17(3):213-24.

Okudaira K, Ohno K, Yoshida H, Asano M, Hirose F, and Yamaguchi M.
Transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila orc2 gene by the DREF pathway.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005 Dec 30;1732(1-3):23-30.

Araki M, Yu H, and Asano M.
A novel motif governs APC-dependent degradation of Drosophila ORC1 in vivo.
Genes Dev. 2005 Oct 15;19(20):2458-65. Epub 2005 Sep 29.

Araki M, Wharton RP, Tang Z, Yu H, and Asano M.
Degradation of origin recognition complex large subunit by the
anaphase-promoting complex in Drosophila.
EMBO J. 2003 Nov 17;22(22):6115-26.

Best regards,
Maki

Maki Asano, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Tumor Microenvironment Program
OSU Cancer Center
Department of Molecular Cellular Biochemistry
College of Medicine,
Ohio State University
812 Biomedical Research Tower (BRT)
460 W. 12th Avenue,