[Drosophila] Re: CG ids

Thom Kaufman via dros%40net.bio.net (by kaufman from indiana.edu)
Thu Jul 2 09:03:23 EST 2009

Actually it meant "Computed Gene"  This meaning became less obvious
when the 11 additional species were sequenced and in order to
distinguish their gene models from those of Dmel they were given
different two letter codes e.g., D virilis = GJ###### and D erecta
GG#####.

--tk
kaufman from indiana.edu