[Drosophila] Anyone knows how to ascertain TNTG flies's identity?

chao via dros%40net.bio.net (by cscmw from yahoo.com.cn)
Thu Jul 2 23:38:32 EST 2009

Dear all,

I got a TNT-G strains from a colleague to blockade local neuronal function.
But I'm not sure about the flies' identity. Originally, I thought TNT expression driven by elav-GAL4 may cause severe defect, like less mobility, lethal etc, which, however, was not observed.
Does any one know how to ascertain whether the strain is actually TNT-G ?

Chao
IBP, CAS