[Drosophila] Ovary Cryosections

Anna Hitrik via dros%40net.bio.net (by anna.hitrik from weizmann.ac.il)
Fri Jun 19 04:14:04 EST 2009

Dear community,

I am trying to perform cryosections of Drosophila ovary. I am doing paraformaldehyde fixation before freezing the ovaries in O.C.T. and then cut the frozen tissue to 7 micron sections. The aim is to extract RNA from the single cells (Laser Capture Microscopy). The problem is that I can not obtain the sutisfying morphology of the sections and can not distinguish between cells. Does anyone have any suggestions for improving the morphology?

Thank you in advance,

Anna Hitrik