[Drosophila] Research Technician KSU

Theodore Morgan via dros%40net.bio.net (by tjmorgan from ksu.edu)
Thu May 14 11:03:08 EST 2009

Research Technician, Division of Biology, Kansas State University

A position is available for a Research Technician in our lab in
Division of Biology at Kansas State University.  We are seeking an
enthusiastic person interested in science to manage day-to-day lab
activities and participate in our molecular quantitative genetic
research.  Our lab studies the genetics and evolution of environmental-
stress-response phenotypes in Drosophila (see http://www.ksu.edu/morganlab
  for more info).  Job responsibilities will include maintaining
Drosophila stocks, performing basic molecular biology techniques, and
participating in large scale phenotypic assays.  Additional
opportunities for independent research projects may exist, depending
on the experience and interest of the successful candidate.  Minimum
required qualifications:  B.S. degree in biology or a related field
and a minimum of 1-2 years experience in genetics or molecular
biology.  This should include experience with DNA/RNA extraction, PCR,
and DNA sequencing.  Preferred:  M.S. degree in biology or related
field.  The successful candidate should be motivated, have good
organizational skills, and be able to work independently.  Salary will
be commensurate with experience and will include benefits.

Kansas State University has a very active community within the life
sciences, thus creating numerous opportunities for stimulating
academic interaction.  These include the large and diverse Division of
Biology (www.ksu.edu/biology), as well as the interdepartmental
programs of the Ecological Genomics Institute (ecogen.ksu.edu) and the
Arthropod Genomics Center (www.ksu.edu/agc).

Kansas State University is located in the city of Manhattan (www.ci.manhattan.ks.us
), a pleasant community of about 50,000 located in the scenic Flint
Hills of north central Kansas, about 2 hours west of Kansas City.  For
more information on life in Manhattan see www.ksu.edu/morganlab.

Review of applications will begin on June 8, 2009, and continue until
the position is filled.  For further information, please contact Ted
Morgan at (785)532-6126. To apply, send an electronic copy of a cover
letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references
to: Ted  Morgan, Division of Biology, Kansas State University, 116
Ackert Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506; email: tjmorgan from ksu.edu.  KSU is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks diversity among its
employees.  Background check required.
_____________________________
Theodore Morgan
Division of Biology