[Drosophila] finding BACs from other Drosophila species

Rob Maeda via dros%40net.bio.net (by Robert.Maeda from unige.ch)
Mon Nov 16 05:42:53 EST 2009

I am trying obtain BACs from Drosophila pseudoobscura.  I know we can
order them from the BAC center (CHORI), but what I can't figure out is
how one translates a genomic region to a BAC number.  For
melanogaster, one can just look at the gene region and the BACs
covering it are listed or shown on screen. This does not seem to be
the case for the other species.  Can anyone tell me if there is an
easy way to do this for the other sequenced species?

Thanks a lot,

Rob Maeda
University of Geneva
Dept of Zoology and Animal Biology