[Drosophila] cleaning glass vials - help!

Brese, Robin via dros%40net.bio.net (by Robin_Brese from brown.edu)
Mon Nov 23 10:18:27 EST 2009

Hello,

I am having quite a bit of trouble cleaning glass fly vials.  My current procedure is as follows: autoclave, pull plugs, rinse, wash.  The trouble is that our washer does not remove the pupal cases.  I have tried changing the cycle numerous times and am going to try using a different soap.  Nothing seems to work though.  If anyone could please let me know how they wash glass vials at their facility and what kind of washer they use, I would really appreciate it.  THANKS!

Best regards,
Robin

Robin L. Brese
Research Assistant
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry
Brown University
Box G-L3
Providence, RI 02912
(401) 863-7365