[Drosophila] Re: Dros Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9

Slawek Bartoszewski via dros%40net.bio.net (by slawek from univ.rzeszow.pl)
Sun Nov 29 16:44:29 EST 2009

Dear Sandra,

Please, check the page:

http://130.15.90.245/gfp_stereoscope.htm

The system is described by worm people. I tried to set it up.  My problem
was that all the materials were US based, it took ages to import them
through the ocean and some parts were missing.  They used a LED lamp and
filters which are mounted inside the microscope.  I finally got the
materials, but still had to change the current - an electrician made
something very simple.  It didn't work for me, the bulb did not produce a
single wave length light.  Maybe a simple extra filter would help or the
current was too weak.  I admit I didn't have a good workshop who would help
me.  You might try the same, it will be easier for you and not so expensive.
I would be interested to know if you get it working.

Regards,
Slawek Bartoszewski.