[Drosophila] please help, problems with immunostaining Dros larva brain

Joan Sim via dros%40net.bio.net (by joan.sim1 from gmail.com)
Sat Oct 3 03:54:01 EST 2009

Dear all,

I am facing problems with homogenous immunostaining of the whole Dosophila
larva (3rd instar) brain, as I found after confocal microscopy that the
staining / antibody penetration into the interior of the brain was poor. May
I know what are some of the solutions to overcome this problem and which
holder device should I perform this immunostaining experiment in so as to
obtain good mixing during the immunostaining process and do not have to
worry about the loss of the very small-sized larvae brains?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions given. Thank you very much for
your kind help.

Best regards,
Joan Sim