[Drosophila] Drosophila Gal4 Gut Specific

Michael Rector via dros%40net.bio.net (by m.v.rector from gmail.com)
Fri Sep 25 12:37:44 EST 2009

Hi -

I am interested in the microbiota in the gut of Drosophila.  More specific,
I am interested in the effect of the enzyme paraoxonase 1 on the gut
microbiota.  We already have transgenic paraoxonase flies, but I am
searching for the best GUT specific driver to express paraoxonase solely in
the gut.  I guess my first choice right now is P{drm-GAL4.7.1}1.1 from the
Bloomington collection.  Do you know of any others or better driver lines?
 Thank you very much.

Mike R

--
Michael Rector, Research Assistant