[Drosophila] ubiquitous Gal4 driver without balancer

Bakker.Hans from mh-hannover.de via dros%40net.bio.net (by Bakker.Hans from mh-hannover.de)
Wed Aug 4 10:59:23 EST 2010

I am currently using an Act5C-Gal4 driver for my RNAi screens. This one
is balanced with CyO/GFP. I, however, need to analyse the flies in
rather large batches for glycolipid composition and would like to avoid
the sorting of larvea after the crossing. Is there any good ubiquitous
Gal4 driver line that I can keep as homozygotes so all my flies will
have the RNAi phenotype atter the crossing. The ones in the bloomington
stocks all seems to require a balancer.
Thanks for any help, Hans

Dr. Hans Bakker
Hannover Medical School