[Drosophila] Re: UAS-Gal80 and SG-Gal4

Ting via dros%40net.bio.net (by maybetina from gmail.com)
Mon Aug 30 21:25:53 EST 2010

On Aug 4, 7:46 am, "plamen georgiev (BI)"
<plamen.georg... from bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am looking for a few Drosophila strains and would be very grateful if you could either send me the flies or advise me on where I could get them from:
>
> 1. a Drosophila line carrying a UAS-Gal80 transgene (temperature sensitive or wild type Gal80 could both be useful).
>
> 2. a Salivary gland-specific Gal80
>
> 3. A weak Salivary gland-specific Gal4 line (different from/weaker than Sgs3-GFP, ptc-Gal4, AB1-Gal4 and 34BGal4)
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Plamen Georgiev
>
> Max-Planck-Institut für Immunbiologie
> Stübeweg 51
> 79108 Freiburg im Breisgau
> Germany
> Email: georg... from immunbio.mpg.de
> Tel: 0761 5108 705

I know that you can get GAL80 in bloomington stock center in US, link
as followed:
http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/Browse/misc-browse/gal80.htm
I am not familiar with salivary gland gene, I suggest you search in
flybase.org, and it has stock info as well.
Good luck.

Ting