[Drosophila] 2010 ESF-EMBO Symposium on "Functional Neurobiology in Minibrains", 17-22 October 2010, Barcelona

Matthieu Louis via dros%40net.bio.net (by matthieu.louis from crg.es)
Mon Feb 15 06:32:22 EST 2010

Dear colleague,

If you share our interest in the organization of behavior, we would like to draw your attention to an upcoming conference on Drosophila systems neuroscience and robotics:
ESF-EMBO Symposium on "Functional Neurobiology in Minibrains", 17-22 October 2010, Barcelona (Spain). You will find more information here<http://www.esf.org/conferences/10324> as well as in the attached document.

The goal of this meeting is to review progress towards an integrated understanding of the genetic, molecular, and neuronal basis of behavior in Drosophila. We will examine how our knowledge about biological neural processes can influence (and can be influenced by) the design of robotic neural systems. This symposium is intended to foster exchanges between researchers from the insect, and in particular the Drosophila, community with experts in computational neurobiology & robotics. We should be grateful if you could circulate this announcement.

Hoping to see you in Barcelona this fall,

Richard Benton
Bertram Gerber
Matthieu Louis

--