[Drosophila] Drosophila busckii | rp49/rpl32 sequence and/or qPCR control gene

Darren Obbard via dros%40net.bio.net (by darren.obbard from ed.ac.uk)
Tue Jul 13 04:18:16 EST 2010

Dear all,

Has anyone ever sequenced rp49/rpl32 in Drosophila busckii (or know
someone who might have done so?).

We need a short sequence (the ~200 5' bases of CDS) to act as an
endogenous control in qPCR. After a /lot/ of effort, we can't seem to
amplify rp49 from this species

Failing that, has anyone got a suitable alternative sequence we could
try as endogenous control for qPCR in D buskii?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Darren Obbard
Institute of Evolutionary Biology
Room 123, Ash 2, Ashworth Labs
Kings Buildings
University of Edinburgh, UK
darren.obbard from ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.