[Drosophila] Drosophila busckii | rp49/rpl32 sequence and/or qPCR control gene

Darren Obbard via dros%40net.bio.net (by darren.obbard from ed.ac.uk)
Tue Jul 13 04:18:16 EST 2010

Dear all,

Has anyone ever sequenced rp49/rpl32 in Drosophila busckii (or know
someone who might have done so?).

We need a short sequence (the ~200 5' bases of CDS) to act as an
endogenous control in qPCR. After a /lot/ of effort, we can't seem to
amplify rp49 from this species

Failing that, has anyone got a suitable alternative sequence we could
try as endogenous control for qPCR in D buskii?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Darren
--

Darren Obbard
Institute of Evolutionary Biology

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.