[Drosophila] Looking for Thesis Based Masters Students

Srivastava, Ajay via dros%40net.bio.net (by ajay.srivastava from wku.edu)
Thu Sep 9 13:36:36 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

If you are a student interested in a thesis based Masters then please read on.

I am a new faculty member in the Department of Biology at Western Kentucky University and am starting a research group with interests in understanding the role of Extracellular Matrix/Basement Membrane and Proteases in normal development and tumor metastasis using Drosophila genetics. If you have an interest in this then please e-mail your CV/interests and two reference letters to me (ajay.srivastava from wku.edu) and I will get back to you with more details. There is a possibility of Teaching Assistantships for well qualified candidates. While experience with Drosophila is not required a familiarity with the system will definitely help.

Western Kentucky University is located in the city of Bowling Green (Population ~60,000) which is approximately 45 miles from Nashville, TN and about 4 hour drive from the beautiful Smoky Mountain National Park with adequate opportunities to pursue outdoor interests.

Ajay Srivastava, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, WKU
Department of Biology
Bowling Green, KY