[Drosophila] anti-c-Myc staining

Anna Hitrik via dros%40net.bio.net (by anna.hitrik from weizmann.ac.il)
Sun Jan 30 02:38:25 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I have been trying to use fly line w*; P{neoFRT}42D P{πM}45F M(2)531/CyO  (http://flybase.org/reports/FBst0005698.html) (DGRC number 108375) for clonal analysis in the ovary. This line contains c-Myc marker for wt clones. I tried to stain with anti-Myc antibody 9E10, Santa-Cruz) with 1:20 to 1: 500 dilutions range. However, it did not succeed. Have anyone used this line or some other Myc containing line? For what tissue? What antibody have
you used (company and cat number)? Have anyone else encounter this problem? Can anyone advise
what to do?

Thank you in advance,

Anna