[Drosophila] preventing fruit fly escape in container?

Bill Washerman via dros%40net.bio.net (by no from any.new)
Sun Jun 5 08:51:40 EST 2011

I am starting a fruit fly colony for various experiments.  Once the colony
is established, I need to retain the fruit flies in the container.
Initially, I'll simply have a standard window screen covering the opening,
but eventually I want something with finer mesh that will allow them to
breathe, but not escape.  I hear tulle fabric is a possibility- can anyone
confirm this or suggest something else that's cheap?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Washerman