[Drosophila] Confusion about PBac line nomenclature

Rohit Joshi via dros%40net.bio.net (by rj2152 from gmail.com)
Wed Jun 15 09:02:50 EST 2011

Dear All

I have a doubt about the nomenclature of the PBac mediated deletions
which is being followed in bloomington stock centre.

There are stocks in bloomington which have been generated by PBac
mediated mutagenesis like the one below.

7841, w1118; Df(2L)Exel9033, PBac{WHr}Exel9033

I will appreciate if anyone can tell me what does writing
"PBac{WHr}Exel9033" singify here.
Does adding "PBac{WHr}Exel9033" along with Df(2L)Exel9033 merely
represents that the Df(2L)Exel9033 was generated using the PBac
insertion "Exel 9033" line or does it mean something else.

Please let me know
Thanks

Regards
Rohit