[Drosophila] anesthetic of Drosophila

Maria Paula Zappia via dros%40net.bio.net (by mpzappia from iibintech.com.ar)
Thu May 12 16:57:12 EST 2011

To whom it may concern
I am willing to set up a Drosophila Laboratory for my students in order to
teach genetics. We do not have CO2 to use as anesthesic for the fruitflies,
but I found that Fuyama (1977) proposed the use of triethylamine as an
anesthetic with prolonged effects. As we do have triethylamine in the lab I
would like to know which dose of triethylamine is commonly used and how to
use it.
I look forward to hearing from you
Best regards

--