[Drosophila] Re: culture problems

dr julien colomb via dros%40net.bio.net (by julien.colomb from gmx.de)
Fri Aug 17 08:16:56 EST 2012

Hey Mark,

you are using a very complicated food, why not using standard corn meal
medium?

The fact that the adults die and not the larvae is peculiar.
I never had that before, but it reminds me of a story with pesticides.
In my former labs, we had to change the corn because the one we used was
not produced anymore. We took bio-cornmeal and flies started to die: the
corn was not insecticides free... Maybe you have such a problem?

We also have problems sometimes with the food, but then the larvae are
dying not the adults. It normally disappear after some time without us
knowing why the problem was there...

I hope it can help.
Greetings from germany,
julien colomb