[Drosophila] Drosophila protocol question (insemination status of females)

Austin Craven via dros%40net.bio.net (by ancraven from uncg.edu)
Mon Jul 9 15:27:59 EST 2012

Hello all,
I am working on a project where I need to identify whether or not females
from *D. ananassae* have been inseminated by a male in a no-choice cross. I
have seen several references to checking this in the literature without
description of protocol or citation. I am a little new to the fly world and
was kinda guessing this is a well documented protocol that has been
established in the community. So I am hoping to find some guidance from
said community.

If any one has a protocol or a resource for protocols on detection of
insemination status in female (*ananassae* if this matters) flies I would
be ever so grateful.

--
Cheers,
Austin