[Drosophila] UAS vector without 5'UTR

Helen White-Cooper via dros%40net.bio.net (by white-cooperh from cf.ac.uk)
Fri Mar 30 10:08:44 EST 2012

We would like to compare two different promoters' ability to drive
expression of a specific, defined transcript.  We have cloned our test
gene promoter and 5'UTR, up to the ATG into pCaSpeR-AUG-betaGal, and can
assay lacZ expression.  Now we want to express exactly the same
transcript, but using Gal4/UAS instead.  pUAST and pUASP both have
5'UTRs included upstream of the MCS.  Does anyone know of a UAS vector
that could be used to clone directly at the transcription start site?

Here's hoping...

Helen

--
Dr Helen White-Cooper