[Drosophila] ELAV and nervous system development

sandra schulze via dros%40net.bio.net (by heterochromatic from gmail.com)
Fri Nov 30 12:40:45 EST 2012

Apologies if this is being sent twice - am still trying to work out
bionet email change....

Hello people of Flyland...

I have two neuro questions.

1. do the ELAV GAL4 drivers express in the ADULT nervous system?
2. how much of the larval nervous system makes it into the adult?

I guess what I really want to know is how many pan-neuronal nervous
system drivers that are listed as being larval still might function in
the adult.

I'd like to know this also for the fat body drivers (Lsp
GAL4 (BL6357);  c754 GAL4 (BL6984) and r4-GAL4 (BL33832).

Cheers,