Postdoc available

Hormoz BassiriRad hormoz at uic.edu
Wed Dec 4 19:57:25 EST 1996

I am looking for a  plant ecological physiologist to join my lab in the
Department of Biological Sciences of University of Illinois at Chicago
as a postdoctoral Fellow. The position is available immediately. The
salary will be commensurate with experience in the range of
$24,000-$2,7000 per year plus benefits. The postdoc will join a DOE
funded project examining the effects of elevated carbon dioxide on
uptake and assimilation of nitrogen by plants and the potential shift in
plant preference for NH4 vs. NO3 (BassiriRad et al. 1996 PC&E
19:367-371; BassiriRad et al 1996 New Phyt 133:423-430). Both lab and
field approaches will be used in addressing the above questions and
familiarity with root physiology and/or gas exchange will be a plus.
Interested persons should contact Dr. Hormoz BassiriRad at:

Department of Biological Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
845 West Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607