Help info(Human ecolocation using ultrasuond)

Carl-Philippe Carr p95cca at princeps.matematik.su.se
Thu Feb 22 13:47:29 EST 1996

I'm a swedish student. We're working on a project and we will spend about
eight weeks on it. It's about trying to find out whether echolocation could
be used as help for the blind and firemen and if we could build such little
apparatus.

If you can supply us with any information about e.g. what time delay is
needed for humans distinguishing two signals, how high frequency of ultra
sound is needed for being able to detect reflection for about 20 meters,
if the signal should be FM and in what manner.

May be a bat-expert could send some hints...

ciao/
Carl-Philippe Carr
p95cca at es.matematik.su.se