Funding for ecotoxicology

William Megill megill at zoology.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 28 13:48:39 EST 1996

Hi !

Anybody got any ideas where to find funding for an ecotoxicology
project ? We're a small non-profit research group doing work on
grey whales off the Pacific coast of North America, and we're looking
to get a toxicology study going. The idea would be to take small
blubber samples from the whales and analyse them for various toxins,
and compare the results to tests on the animals' foods. We've got
the equipment and people lined up to do the job - need to find
funding for the $200 (CAD) it costs to process each sample.

Cheers !
William

PS. Answers to me directly please - my newsreader and I don't get
along very well :-)

William Megill                                            tel: (604) 730 0579
Coastal Ecosystems Research Foundation           email: megill at zoology.ubc.ca
207-2173 W 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6K 1V5
world-wide web: http://www.bcu.ubc.ca/~megill/cerf