TREADMILL FOR RATS/MICE & VO2 MAX

JAN CZEKAJEWSKI 75144.2413 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Jul 22 16:00:29 EST 1996

For research on exercise physiology, we developed enclosed
treadmill along with VO2/VCO2 metabolic computer for measuring
oxygen consumption and CO2 production during exercise of rats and
mice. Each animal compartment has its individual exercise belt
and its speed is precisely controlled. To entice animal to run,
each lane is equipped with special electric shoker. Alternative
air puff or cold water stimulus are also available. Multiple
animals (1-8 rats or mice, in seperate lane) can be used
simultaneously to run on treadmill and to measure VO2 max and
respiratory quotient. Belt inclination is variable to adjust
animal work. If you are interested in this equipment, I can send
you description and application papers. Please e-mail your street
address.

PG