Device to measure accumulated light exposure

EffordM EffordM at landcare.cri.nz
Fri Nov 14 09:18:19 EST 1997

Our study animals are nocturnally active brushtail possums. We would like to
index the quality (i.e. darkness) of their individual daytime den sites by
attaching a device to each that accumulates their exposure to daylight.
Ideally this would  log daily exposure, but a total over several weeks would
be OK. We would download data on recapture. The package must be
miniaturizable (limit ca 30 g). I would be glad to hear of any existing
circuit or device that might serve this purpose, or could be adapted.

Murray Efford
Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research
Dunedin,
New Zealand