WATMED 2: Conference announcement and Call for papers
cwcook at duke.edu
Tue Feb 15 22:21:57 EST 2005
From: centritto at iia.cnr.it (Mauro Centritto)
Subject: WATMED 2: Conference announcement and Call for papers
Conference announcement and Call for papers
Second Mediterranean Conference
WATER RESOURCES IN MEDITERRANEAN BASIN
Marrakesh, November 14 - 17, 2005
The conference objectives are:
- to review and compare the state of water resources in the
- to reconcile between scarcity, quality, durability of resources,
- to review the methods of for assessment and monitoring of aquatic
- to formulate strategies and identify ecotechnological approaches for
restoration and management of aquatic ecosystems,
- to identify areas of co-operation in aquatic sciences between
The topics of this conference will include:
1) Integrated water resources management.
2) Global change and anthropic perturbations: effects on water
3) Mediterranean aquatic systems functioning.
4) Urban and domestic wastewaters : treatment and reuse.
5) Health related water pollution
6) Environmental policy, regulation and implementation.
Detailed informations about the conference can be found at:
You can also contact the organizers by sending email to:
- Permanent secretariat : watmed2 at ucam.ac.ma
- Web site administrator : lhassani at ucam.ac.ma
Dott. Mauro Centritto, Ph.D.
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Istituto Inquinamento Atmosferico
Via Salaria km. 29,300
00016 Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Tel. +39 06 90672 731
Fax +39 06 90672 660
E-mail: centritto at iia.cnr.it
More information about the Ecophys