no subject (file transmission)

Jack Leunissen jackl at
Fri Sep 18 09:46:47 EST 1992

Dr. J.A. Lenstra and Dr. J.J. Batenburg write:

|> We consulted accession number M84761, referred to by Amy et al.
|> (PNAS 89, 1992, 1105-1108), who describe the sequence of the gene of
|> rat fatty acid synthase.
|> However, this number belongs to entry RNTHYBS, dealing with another gene
|> (although Amy et al. are cited!). Could you advise us on how to retrieve the
|> sequence of the gene for rat fatty acid synthase from the data base?
|> Thank you very much in advance.

The sequence has been corrected, and is now available under the same accession
number and EMBL db-code, in the daily updates from EMBL. The correction is
marked 29-Aug-1992.

In general, it can be found at the national nodes in EMBnet, which have a daily
updated version of the sequence database(s).
At the CAOS/CAMM Center, you can search the databases using XQS, issuing the
This gives you the following hits:

Rattus norvegicus (rat)
  EMNEW:RNFASF      R. norvegicus FAS gene for fatty acid synthase
  EMNEW:RNTHYBS     Rat fatty acid synthase gene, complete cds.
  EM_RO:RNFAACSY    Rat gene for fatty acid synthase (promoter region, exons 1-
  EM_RO:RNFAS       Rat mRNA for fatty acid synthase (EC
  EM_RO:RNFASA      R.norvegicus fatty acid synthase mRNA, complete cds
  1 species found

Hope this helps,

    Jack A.M. Leunissen, Ph.D.    | CAOS/CAMM Center
    Email: jackl at | University of Nijmegen
    Tel. : +31 80 65 22 48        | Toernooiveld
    Fax  : +31 80 65 29 77        | 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
  +---------- CAOS/CAMM is the Dutch National Node in EMBnet ---------+