genbank.ntb: where can I get it?

Keith Robison robison1 at
Tue Aug 10 17:14:49 EST 1993

rkou at (Roger H. Kou) writes:

>I am trying to get Steven Smith's GDE(Genetic Data Environment) going here
>in the dept. GDE needs this file call genbank.ntb, does anyone know where
>I can get it?

.ntb files are generated by the pressdb program in the BLAST suite.
Generate a FASTA file called "genbank" with nucleotide sequences in
it and then run "pressdb genbank".  If the GDE distribution does not
include pressdb then you can get the source from the BLAST distribution
at via anonymous FTP.

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI